Our friends at the City of Flagstaff Sustainability Section Open Space are hosting a photo contest and we are calling all of our Willow Bend friends to participate!
Visit Willow Bend, Sinclair Wash and the Rio Wetlands, Picture Canyon Natural and Cultural Preserve, Observatory Mesa Natural Area, any of the Arizona Watchable Wildlife Experience sites or hike along the Flagstaff Urban Trails System, post a photo of your adventure to the Flagstaff Open Space page with the hashtag #FLGOpenSpace for a chance to win great prizes from local outdoor gear shops!
Please read the official rules & eligibility below:
Contest Dates: February 1 – April 30, 2017
• Members of the selection committee are not eligible to submit photos.
• There can only be five (5) entries per person.
• There can only be one (1) photo per entry.
• Entries will only be accepted between February 1, 2017-April 30, 2017.
• Photos will be judged on creativity and how well they highlight any of the folowwing open space sites:
o Observatory Mesa Natural Area
o Picture Canyon Natural and Cultural Preserve
o Any Arizona Watchable Wildlife Site
(for full list of sites, please see website: www.azwatchwildlife.com/locations)
o Any location on the Flagstaff Urban Trail System
(See map: http://flagstaff.az.gov/DocumentCenter/Home/View/8550)
SUBMISSION & FORMAT
• Photographers must complete the following steps:
1. Visit the Flagstaff Open Space Facebook page (www.facebook.com/FlagstaffOpenSpace)
2. ‘Like’ the page
3. Post a photo of an open space site on our Facebook page with the following information included in post:
“Open Space Spring 2017 Photo Contest”
Full name of the photographer/contestant
Name of open space site/location where photo was taken (*See locations eligible locations in THEME section above)
MUST include the hashtag: #FLGOpenSpace
Photo Title and/or Caption optional
• Submissions will be reviewed by judges starting on May 1, 2017. Winners will be notified via Facebook direct messenger by May 5, 2017 by an Open Space Facebook page administrator.
• There will be two ways to win the Photo Contest prize:
1. Peoples’ Choice – the photo receiving the most ‘Likes’ on their photo entry post by 11:59pm MST on April 30, 2017.
2. Judges’ Choice – The City of Flagstaff Sustainability Section staff along with the Flagstaff Open Space Program staff will select a winner. Entries will be reviewed beginning on May 1, 2017.
• Winners will be notified via Facebook direct messenger on or before May 5, 2017 by an Open Space staff member. The winners will also be identified on the Flagstaff Open Space Facebook page.
• The City of Flagstaff intends to provide the Peoples’ Choice and Judges’ Choice Open Space Program Spring 2017 Photo Contest Winners with the following prizes:
1. Publication on the Flagstaff Open Space Facebook page.
2. A gift certificate to local Flagstaff gear shop.
3. Publication in the Flagstaff CityScape Spring edition.
4. Publication in the Open Space Program monthly newsletter.
5. Publication on the Arizona Watchable Wildlife Experience website.
6. Promotion as marketing materials for the City of Flagstaff Open Space Program.
• Winners may claim their prize in-person at 101 West Cherry Avenue, Flagstaff, AZ 86001 on the second floor, City of Flagstaff Sustainability Section Office. Prizes must be claimed by June 1, 2017.
This Open Space Program Spring 2017 Photo Contest is sponsored by the City of Flagstaff Open Space Program, 211 West Aspen Avenue, Flagstaff, AZ 86001. This photo contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook.
In submitting the attached photo(s) (PHOTO) to the City of Flagstaff and participating in the City of Flagstaff Open Space Program Spring 2017 Photo Contest, I (we), (CONTESTANT), hereby warrant and agree to the following:
CONTESTANT warrants to CITY that he/she has lawful ownership rights to the PHOTO and acknowledges that once submitted, the PHOTO becomes the property of the CITY.
The PHOTO is the result of the CONTESTANTS sole artistic efforts unless otherwise stated as a collaboration.
Except as otherwise disclosed in writing the CITY in this submittal form, the PHOTO is unique and original and does no infringe upon any copyright or patent.
The PHOTO is free and clear of any lien. Except for title and possession, pursuant to the Copyright ACT of 1976 (17 U.S.C. §101 et seq.), CONTESTANT will retain the copyright and all other rights in and to the PHOTO, however, the CITY will maintain a non-exclusive, perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free license to publicly display as well as reproduce the PHOTO on CITY items, such as print ads, postcards, posters, brochures, applications, television programs and the City website.
In addition the CITY will include CONTESTANT’S name somewhere on the document where the photo is used.
The CITY may alter images of the PHOTO as necessary to fit into reduced or enlarged format sizes.
The CITY may alter images of the PHOTO as necesary to fit into reduced or enlarged format sizes.
The CITY may use the PHOTO on CITY merchandise and commercial items such as a calendar which may be sold for fundraising purposes.
Pursuant to 17 U.S.C. § 106A(3) and only to the extent that this Agreement differs, CONTESTANT expressly waives any rights that the he/she may have under 17 U.S.C. §§ 101 et seq., including, without limitation, 17 U.S.C. §§ 106, 106A, and 113, or any successor statute(s) or regulation(s).
CONTESTANT agrees to release CITY, its agents, officials, employees, and volunteers from and against all liability, including copyright or patent infringement claims or causes of action, arising out of this Agreement and claims arising from CONTESTANT’S participation in the City of Ventura Photo Contest. CONTESTANT agrees to defend (with counsel satisfactory to CITY), indemnify and hold City harmless and free from all liability, whether caused by passive negligence or otherwise, arising out of CONTESTANT’S participation or association with the Flagstaff Open Space Spring 2017 Photo Contest. CONTESTANT agrees to pay all costs incident to any claim, including, without limitation, attorneys’ fees. I agree that the above information is correct. I further agree that this agreement is intended to be as broad and inclusive as is permitted by the law of the State of Arizona.
Erin O’Keefe, Open Space Aide
City of Flagstaff
211 West Aspen Avenue
Flagstaff, AZ 86001